- Published By: eXtasy Books
- Author: Catherine Lievens
- ISBN: 978-1-4874-1779-6
- Page: 121
- Word Count: 37385
- Publication Date: January 26, 2018
- Series: Council Enforcers #13
- Heat Level:
- Available Formats: Adobe Acrobat, Epub, Mobipocket (.mobi), Mobipocket (.mobi)
- Categories: Erotic Romance, Gay, GLBT, Paranormal, Shapeshifter
Sometimes the past isn’t really over even though you’re done with it.
Lucas’ life is good. He has friends, lives in a nice house, and owns a bookstore—which he thinks is the perfect job. He’s missing love, though, and he’s envious of his mated friends.
Carter left Chicago after his divorce. He needed a change, and Gillham is his hometown and a great place to raise his daughter Lilia. He’s wary when he meets Lucas and they realize Carter’s his mate, but he’s willing to give love another chance. Lilia deserves a second parent—the parent Todd never wanted to be.
Lucas thinks everything is going well until Todd tries to wiggle his way back into Carter’s life. He believes Carter when he says he’s not getting back with his ex, but is that really what Todd wants, or is there more behind his attempts to convince Carter he still loves him? And if there is, to what end is Todd willing to push himself to get it?