- Published By: eXtasy Books
- Author: Charlie Richards
- ISBN: 978-1-55487-929-8
- Page: 154
- Word Count: 33172
- Publication Date: July 8, 2011
- Series: Wolves of Stone Ridge #2
- Available Formats: Adobe Acrobat, Epub, Hiebook, Microsoft Reader, Mobipocket, Mobipocket (.mobi), Palm DOC/iSolo, Rocket, Sony PDF
- Categories: Erotic Romance, Gay, GLBT, Interracial, Paranormal, Romance , Shapeshifter
Declan McIntire, alpha of the Stone Ridge pack, spent over a century rejecting the daughters paraded under his nose, hiding his preference for a male. Scenting Lark Trystan at a pack BBQ, he's ecstatic to discover the cute, sexy human is his mate. He's even more pleased that Lark knows about shifters and has been interacting with them for months. Declan quickly realizes that instead the issue is his large size and dominant personality.
Since the pack alpha is straight, Lark can't figure out why Declan's suddenly taking an interest in him. He also doesn't understand why he's so drawn to the big man, especially considering his poor track record with relationships. Dominant men always seem to think he'd make the perfect punching bag, and Lark has the scars to prove it.
When Lark ends up in the hospital, Declan puts everything on hold, determined to take his mate home and prove that he's nothing like Lark's previous lovers. But not everyone in his pack is accepting of a gay alpha. Can Declan find a way to reconcile the two? Or will he have to choose between the pack he's devoted his life to and the man who is quickly coming to hold his heart?